Westwood United Methodist Church has been the setting for beautiful weddings since the first chapel was built in 1929. Our present sanctuary was built in 1951. It is a wonderful example of Spanish Gothic and Contemporary architectures. One of the most outstanding features is the Glory Window located above the altar. This amazing stained glass window depicts Christ’s life in multi-color glass. It is covered by the same patterns in metal with a 24 gold-leaf overlay. Also available is a concert grand piano and The Shaffer Memorial Pipe Organ with over 10,000 pipes. This wonderful instrument can play trumpets and chimes, which make glorious fanfares and send-offs. .
Weddings usually occur on Saturday mornings (11am) and Saturday afternoons (4pm), but times are flexible. The sanctuary seats a maximum of 600 people, with on-site underground parking for 192 cars. . NOTE: The inclusive fee for a wedding at Westwood United Methodist Church is $2,100, and services are conducted by clergy of Westwood United Methodist Church only. Church facilities are not available for receptions. . The following is included:
– Use of Sanctuary for rehearsal (Thursday or Friday evening prior to wedding, starting no sooner than 6pm). No music is played during the evening rehearsal.
– Use of Sanctuary for wedding photography and ceremony (3 hours prior to 2 hours after the time on the invitation).
– Officiant’s honorarium.
– Wedding Director provided by Westwood United Methodist Church. Commercial wedding coordinators are asked to respect church policy and are not permitted to work at the church.
– Organist provided by Westwood United Methodist Church. Includes prelude music while guests are arriving, music throughout ceremony, processionals, recessional, and accompanying soloists as needed.
– Church Custodian.
– Use of Bride’s room for dressing prior to wedding.
– Use of room for Groom and his attendants for dressing prior to wedding.
– Eight pairs of center aisle torches.
– Unity candleholder and candles for Unity Candle lighting.