BASS SECTION LEADER
Essential Functions of the Job
• Section Leader for 30-voice Westwood UMC Chancel Choir on a weekly basis.
• Set positive example for the choir by being prompt, prepared, organized, attentive and supportive.
• Actively work with section to correct notes, words, rhythm, intonation, etc. at rehearsals.
• Perform solos and sing with the professional quartet.
• Trained vocalist with at least 3 years of collegiate or professional choral singing.
• Previous experience as a section leader is preferred, but not required.
• Strong sight-reading ability
• The ability to smoothly transition between different styles of music and singing as a strong leader to singing as a member of a blended section as particular situations require.
• Main Season (September – May): Thursday rehearsals (7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) Sunday worship services (8:30 a.m. call; 9:30 a.m. service)
• Summer Season (June – August): No Thursday rehearsals. Sunday worship services (8:30 a.m. call; 9:30 a.m. service)
• Additional worship services on Christmas Eve and Easter
• Up to two choral concerts per season, including any special orchestra or soloist coaching rehearsals related to the concerts.
• Annual choir retreat and fundraiser.
• $600 per month (Main and Summer Seasons)
• Four weeks paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• Email resume and repertoire list (solo and choral) to Sabrina Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Qualified applicants will be invited for an on-site audition
• Review of applications will begin 7/15/2023. Position inquiries will be accepted until the position is filled. Starting date is flexible.